Monday, January 4, 2010

Today was spent between the Health Department and re-designing our plans. As we have already decided to (plexiglass) wall the production area, there is always more things that the HD would like to see. We noted that we are planning this "walling" of the brew area, which is something we have not seen much of in the Southern California area. They want to see our walls extend up to the ceiling of the warehouse. We have it designed to be a ten foot wall with the upper six feet being designated as a plexiglass material for viewing. There truly wasn't too much that needed changed regarding our last proposed layout, which was quite nice.
We will need to install an air curtain over one of our roll-up doors, while not being able to utilize the other, unless we install an air curtain for that one as well. Our standard door will only need to have a closing arm installed which would alleviate the need for it to have an air curtain as well. I asked if we could have all of the doors open at the "off brewing" times since we will not be in production at those times. I was told that we could not as we would be serving the public. I then mentioned that I don't understand how Costco can get away with serving food with no air curtains operating on any of their rollup doors. I was told that they have walls for their food preparation areas (which is true). I then stated that it was not the prep areas that I was concerned about. I mentioned that I am more concerned about the nifty little sample carts that are scattered throughout the warehouse, which I am sure that all of us Costco members enjoy...some more than others. The response I received was a chuckle with no explanation of how Costco can do that or how they can get away with it. I hope that I didn't stop the cart service as I enjoy them while shopping there. Anyway, I feel that the conversations went quite well and am confident that we can get through what we are proposing fairly quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment